Grooming your furry friend is essential! You can start introducing your pup to baths and brushing as early as three to four weeks old and professionally as early as 10-12 weeks old or as soon as they have completed their vaccines.
It is important to note all of the benefits to getting them started at a young age such as:
- Making it a less stressful experience for them to undergo a professional grooming session due to getting your pup accustomed to the experience.
- Preventing knotting or matting of the fur which can become very dangerous if left unkept will explain further below.
- It allows for bonding and trust to form with you and your pooche.
- It keeps your pup feeling great and comfortable! It allows for a healthy coat as well as healthy skin which leads to a much happier pet.
There is such a wide variety of dog breeds in existence and the ones that particularly need the most maintenance are the long-haired breeds such as: Poodles, Bichon Frise, Afghan Hounds, Shih Tzu's, Maltese, and so many more!
there are so many dangers to the development of mats on your pup such as:
- Matted Fur/Knots-When a mat is formed, the skin beneath starts to get irritated and red, it traps moisture which leads to a variety of different kinds of infections, as well as a lack of oxygen circulating in the area.
-In extreme occasions sores in the skin that are left untreated may attract maggots, who begin to feed off the skin causing decay beneath the mat. This may lead to more serious blood stream infections which can be potentially fatal.
Keeping your pup happy and healthy leads to many more years of enjoyment together! ❤❤❤❤